Facebook page – Liseybelle Bakes
1. Cake Portions – Are estimated based on a cake being sliced one of two ways. In classic desert sized wedges or as coffee serves which is a 1″ x 1″ sized cut equivalent to a small regular cupcake portion (like at weddings). If you are looking for dessert serves please choose the next size up in cake size to ensure there is plenty of cake to go around.
2. How do I best cut tall cakes? I recommend cutting a cake in grid. Cut a 1″ deep cut straight through one side of the cake and then, push the whole slice onto a large plate or cutting board, then divide and cut smaller portions and distribute. Continue cutting with this way for the next 1″ deep slice until the end. You will maximise your portions using this method.
3. How do I keep/store the cake? My cakes keep fresh in the fridge for up to 7 days (decorations may vary), so if you are not eating the cake on the day of pickup, store the cake (as given in the cake box) into a fridge with no odours and bring to room temperature at least 1 – 2 hours before cutting. My cakes and buttercream are best eaten nice and soft. My cakes will also keep for several months in the freezer. Wrap in several layers of cling wrap and aluminium foil to protect it from the dry air.
4. How do I transport my cakes? My cakes will be passed to you in an enclosed box on a cake board. You can safely transport them on the passenger floor with the air-conditioning on and driving slowly around the corners. Best would be if a passenger was able to hold the cake on their laps for the journey. For delivery a fee is applicable.
5. Do you offer delivery? I will happily deliver a cake dependent upon the bookings I have scheduled for the day. There is a fee of $5 for delivery
6. Do you accept a deposit for orders? For catering bookings, I will take a deposit of 50% upon confirmation of the booking. Then the remaining 50% three days prior to the event. For cakes, if the cake is under $150 payment in advance or on the day is fine. If the cake is over $150 payment is required in advance. I accept either in cash or a bank deposit
7. How much notice do you need to take a booking? I recommend 3-4 weeks as a minimum to place an order. As I have limited spots each week for cake orders, the sooner you contact me about your cake, the better chance I can take it.
8. Do you hire out cake stands? Yes on request. Hire is $10 per stand. I require a refundable deposit on each piece I hire out, to be retuned in the same condition within the following day
10. Are you a Nut or Allergy Free kitchen? My kitchen is NOT ALLERGY-FREE I will do my best to accommodate but I cannot guarantee.
11. Do you copy other cake styles? I do not copy other bakers’ designs!!!! If you give me a rough idea of the colour/theme/style then I will design a beautiful cake just for you. My cake designs are unique to Liseybelle Bakes and I do work best with creative freedom. I am happy to discuss with you throughout the design process so please give me a clear understanding of what you’d like otherwise I am also more than happy to surprise you.
12. Do you make GF/DF cakes? Yes I do (on request) and a little surcharge my apply due to the additional ingredients I will need.
13. Additional Features – If you would like additional features on the cake like gold leaf, gold ball studding, flowers, handmade custom banner toppers, gold acrylic cake toppers, balloons, unicorn cake, ice-cream cone cake, and so forth – please let me know so I can quote you accordingly.
14. Cancellation Policy.
2 WEEKS OR MORE NOTICE.
If the cake ordered is being cancelled 2 weeks or more from the event date then some fees may apply (for example if a cake toppers, speciality cake boxes or boards have been ordered then reimbursement is expected).
1 WEEKS NOTICE
More than likely items will have been purchased and your cakes potentially could have been baked. In this situation half the quoted cost will be invoiced.
24 HOURS NOTICE
In the event of 24 hours notice of your cake being cancelled. You will be invoiced for any and all work that may have commenced already.